Saturday, August 21, 2010

Gotcha



Gotcha

Steve Baker has been an icon of the WHIO-TV Northern Bureau for as long as I’ve been here. His work is appreciated (usually), but always respected, by residents of Darke County.
I’ll never forget the first time I appeared on Channel 7 News. It wasn’t something I was used to in the traditional friendly rivalry between print and electronic media. I asked him about it…
“I love to put newspaper editors on the tube,” he said, grinning. “It bugs them.”
I got a kick out of it. And the next opportunity I had, his mug was published on Page 1 of The Daily Advocate.
It’s been back and forth ever since, except now he has an unfair advantage. I’m no longer with the paper.
But I have a blog and he showed up at the Great Darke County Fair while I was on Gate 5… so there ya go, Steve.
Gotcha!


Bob Robinson is the retired editor of The Daily Advocate, Greenville, Ohio. If you wish to receive notification of his comments, opinions and reports when they are posted, send your email address to: opinionsbybob@gmail.com. Feel free to express your views.

No comments: