Thursday, October 14, 2010

That's My Opinion, What's Yours?

Two new opportunities for blog readers...
Readers of "That's My Opinion" now have new opportunities to voice their opinions AND become informed on the public record activities of the Darke County Commissioners.

For months, through the cooperation of the Darke County Commissioners Office, I've had the opportunity to review the minutes of the twice-weekly public meetings. The office has been under criticism for meeting during weekday afternoons when most people with jobs can't get there.


I can review these minutes, but other interested citizens can't. While a number of options were discussed in open meetings, there seemed to be no solution. Until now. A good friend has figured out how to post them on my blog.

The last two meetings have now been posted, as will future meetings. You have your opportunity, Darke County. Please take advantage of it.

Also, "That's My Opinion" is now giving readers a chance to answer my question, "What's Yours?"

I will be posting regular polls on issues of importance. The two currently available are seeking your opinion on who will control Congress in 2011 and asking which gubernatorial candidate you will vote for on Nov. 2.

You can express your opinions (after or instead of voting) by responding to this story. Keep in mind the polls are not scientific, and in order to have your comments published you MUST provide a "name" or "handle" - it doesn't have to be your real name, but it can't be anonymous.

Do you have a poll topic you want me to consider? Let me know.

Thanks, and that's my opinion… what's yours?

Bob

No comments: