Monday, July 5, 2010

Jordan & Beth


Jordan & Beth

There are two great new additions to my blog (in case you hadn’t noticed). On the right-hand side you will see two buttons – they’re big but they’re still buttons – both are former Advocate writers who have taken to cyberspace… talented young people I think you will remember.
Mother of the Munchkins wrote often for the Generation Why page and is gathering quite an audience with her stories on life in rural America with two munchkins. By the way, the little girls are precious, even if they do get on Mommy’s nerves occasionally.
Munchkin Mommy is looking for a job in our screaming economy (you get to define “screaming”).
Here’s what she’s had to say so far…
Then there are all the job scams. Oh my goodness, those scammers are certainly being productive but not very creative. I mean, when you list a job description that could be titled, Thumb Twiddling, with a pay that is twice that of minimum wage for said, Thumb Twiddling, in this economy.... well... shame on the scammers for not only feeding off of other people's desperation but assuming they are all stupid, too. I mean, come on, even in my so-desperate-I'm-beating-my-head-against-the-desk-desire to find something great so as to afford a place for just the munchkins and myself I can't miss the scam screaming up from the fine print.
“If I'd no morals, whatsoever, I'd just send the scammers my resume and tell them to hire me.
“I'm very creative!”
There’s more, but you’ll have to click on her blog “Mother of the Munchkins Rebooted” to see it.
For the Jordan Pridemore fans who keep asking me “what’s she doing?” “How’s she doing?” “I miss her columns” — you get the drift — I finally talked her into letting me post her blog entitled… simply “Jordan’s Blog.”
Subtitled… “I’m Jordan. That’s all I know so far.”
I’ve posted a couple “Skype” conversations with Jordan from England, but you can get all the details she’s willing to share by clicking on her blog.
Here’s a taste of the most recent post…
“When I was in London as the daylight was waning and my energy was quickly retreating, one of the last spots we wanted to hit was the London Bridge, if only just to sing that song on it.
“So after venturing out of the underground tube station we started searching for the bridge. We didn’t want to ask locals because we were tired and we’d spent all day asking locals questions. Plus, all the surrounding buildings clued us in on its close proximity (London Bridge Hospital, London Bridge Ice Cream…)
“Eventually our brains registered that we’d been on the bridge since exiting the tube. While the other sites we saw that day were rushed and packed with tourists, the bridge was serene. I didn’t hear the traffic or the chatter. I felt the air coming off the Thames; I felt the sunlight sneaking under the horizon behind me, and the wind blowing my hair into my face.”
Want more? Check it out.

Bob Robinson is the retired editor of The Daily Advocate, Greenville, Ohio. If you wish to receive notification of his comments, opinions and reports when they are posted, send your email address to: opinionsbybob@gmail.com. Feel free to express your views.

No comments: