Sunday, July 25, 2010

Walking in Pink - We reached our Goal!


Thanks to my supporters

For those who missed it, I thought I’d give you a couple of photos from Saturday’s Walk in Pink, including a couple on the “inside” before we hit the streets.
Also, I’ve pasted below the link for WHIO-TV Channel 7’s report on the event by Brittany McGraw and Steve Baker.
It was a great event and with the help of a few special people, we achieved our goal for this first time out. Thanks to the Greenville Eagles, Jack at Marcos Pizza, Al Greiner, Doug & Peggy Black, and Don Dietrich, we raised $525.
I also owe a debt of thanks to the people who put my “wardrobe” together: Lyn & Al Bliss, Dori Howdieshell and Pamela at Pamela’s Intimate Apparel.
I had a great time for a great cause – fighting breast cancer and helping those here in Darke County who are dealing with it – but I think the highlight was talking to little Freda. She knew I was a guy, but couldn’t understand why I was wearing a dress.
Here’s the video, followed by photos. Enjoy!







Bob Robinson is the retired editor of The Daily Advocate, Greenville, Ohio. If you wish to receive notification of his comments, opinions and reports when they are posted, send your email address to: opinionsbybob@gmail.com. Feel free to express your views.

No comments: