Friday, July 30, 2010

Letter from a TEA Patriot

Dear Family, Friends, and Fellow Americans,
            I am writing about a story that simply amazes me. For the past two days a few of my friends, and I were passing out flyers. These flyers are basically our Tea Party Mission Statement. We also were passing out little cards that had what President Ford once said, “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government that can take everything you have.”  While holding the Gadsden flag, my friends handed out the flyers. My knees are badly arthritic. I needed to sit down awhile, and my friend Jesse told me to walk, maybe 40 yards away, to sit on a bench outside this particular store in a local Darke County community. I said that I would wait until our Commander Al came over to relieve me. Al just happened to be sitting on that bench having a cup of coffee with James. Al being 76 years of age was just relaxing shooting the breeze with James.  All of a sudden Jesse, and myself see a lady come out of the store, and take the bench. She brings it into her store. Later we find out what transpired. The lady came out, and asked Al to get off her property. Al said that it was public property. The woman said that she wanted them to get off of her bench. Al stated that since the bench was on public property they had a right to sit on it. Then the woman took the bench inside. The same woman called the sheriff’s office a few minutes earlier.
            My problem is this. Has the world become so rotten as not to let someone sit down that is elderly? The world, has it become so bad that you can't give comfort to someone who has been standing in the sun for awhile, needed some shade, and a place to rest? I would never do this to anyone. Maybe this is why I don't understand. This country is the greatest country in the world. It has thrived on the freedom of different people’s religions, color, nationalities, opinions, and beliefs. The present administration wants us to fight each other. This way they can do what they want. Is this what you want? Is this a new low in America’s history? What I am asking is for you to think. If you think that nothing will change this country’s present course…think again. Remember the old saying, “United we stand. Divided we fall.” Now that is something to think about. Only you as a people can make things happen. If you believe in what our tea parties believe, please support them. We need all the help we can get.
Sincerely,
Jerry G

No comments: